Techsplosion is a hands-on STEM enrichment program in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since 2010, our passionate instructors have served thousands of campers at over 75 bay area locations. We offer summer camps, afterschool classes, library workshops, birthday parties, and holiday day camps.
Why choose Techsplosion?
- Consistent quality. We’ve got years and thousands of campers behind us and we’re not a franchise organization.
- Programs kids LOVE! Minecraft, YouTube Channel Creation, Animation, and more!
- No forced laptop sharing. We bring enough equipment that working together is an enthusiastic choice, not a requirement.
- Beyond “learn by doing.” Our campers don’t just copy code from a tutorial. They learn by exploring and experimenting.
- Formats that fit your needs. Full-day and half-day camps, afterschool classes, parties, and library programs ensure that we can squeeze into your packed schedule.
- Constantly upgrading. We take action on feedback from all sources, and we never stop making every one of our excellent programs even better!
- Extremely selective staffing. Because our instructor jobs are so attractive, we hire only the top 5% of those who apply.
Techsplosion instructors are selected based on their passion for STEM education and their skill sets in the technical, educational, and developmental realms. They create incredible experiences that kids look back on years later. We take exceptional care of our staff by providing them with extensive training, thorough yet flexible curricula, regular feedback, and some of the highest compensation in the industry.
Our Administrative Staff:
PRESIDENT | Greg Intermaggio
Greg’s first teaching experience was in 6th grade, when he asked the teacher if he could lead a class on alternative energy. Since then, Greg has never stopped! He’s worked all sorts of cool places including The Exploratorium, Play-Well TEKnologies, iCamp, and even LEGO Education! Greg founded Techsplosion in 2010 and is on a mission to enrich the world one awesome camp at a time.
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR | Britné Hackett
Growing up in a very small town on the east coast, Britné has always desired to learn more about the world and how things work. She was able to cultivate this process of discovery as a research assistant while gaining her bachelor’s degree in Animal Science at NC State University. In 2016, Britné accepted an instructor position with Techsplosion and traveled cross-country to be able to pair her passion for discovery with her love of education. After a life-changing summer leading camps all over the bay area, Britné has decided to call the Bay home and has returned as Techsplosion’s Operations Coordinator!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT | Christopher “Kit” Duggan
Kit’s passionate about using social media as a way to instigate positive change within Bay Area communities. Kit has worked with youth on behalf of Alameda County Library in San Lorenzo and the REACH Ashland Youth Center in San Leandro. His recent experience includes coordinating a tutoring program for students K-8th grade and assisting at-risk young adults with job placement and training. Outside of work, Kit enjoys creating short-films that highlight local places of interest in the East Bay.